layout

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Forest Friends Waterfall Easter Card

Good Morning!
This is one of the swaps I made for the Orlando Regional on Saturday.  It is a Waterfall card.  They are so fun and easy to make and I think this is officially my favorite type of card....this week anyway!

The base of the card is Pear Pizzazz and is cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  Next comes a layer of Greenhouse Gala DSP cut at 4" x 5 1/2".  I used the 1 1/4" Circle Punch and cut a half circle at the bottom.  A small strip of  Daffodil Delight cut at 3/4" x 4" goes about two thirds of the way down and is secured it at each end with two matching brads.  The actual "waterfall" is a piece of Daffodil Delight cut at 2" x 9" and scored at 2", 2 3/4", 3 1/2", and 4 1/4".  Stamp your image on a piece of 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" and layer if on a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock cut at 2" x 2". (I used a stamp from the Forest Friends set which is free with a $50 order during Sell-a-bration through March 31, 2011!)  Starting at the bottom, attach each image at the score line.  Slide the longest part of the "waterfall" underneath the small 2" x 4" strip and center it on the card.  Fold the image part of the waterfall down and add adhesive only to the center of the small strip to hold the last square  in place. Add a small piece of ribbon at the bottom and gently pull on it to see the waterfall effect. 

It is fun to add different images to each piece but I think it looks cute with just the one image, too.  I probably made it sound more complicated than it is so I will try to make a video when I get back from Regionals. 

Have a good day!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment