layout

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Valentine Filled with Love Bag

Hi Stampers!

I'm getting ready for Valentine's Day and wanted to share a bag I made to hold some goodies for my son.  I am making a care package to send to him while he is away at college and plan to fill it with all kinds of little homemade treats. I think I will fill this bag with peanut butter cookies, which are his favorite.

To make this project, start out with an 81/2" x 11" piece of Whisper White cardstock and score on the long side at 2", 5", 7", and 10".  Turn the paper and score again at 2".  Trim off the small corner at the bottom and cut the lines at the bottom up to the score line to make the tabs for the bottom of the bag.  Crease the folds with a bone folder. (See below for a picture of the cardstock after it was scored and cut.)
Next you will want to decorate the bag.  I stamped my images using the Filled With Love stamp set (Note: Stampin' Up! is only offering the Filled with Love Bundle through January 24th so order soon to get your free bitty buttons!) 

I stamped the images with Real Red Classic Ink, Regal Rose Classic Ink, Pink Pirouette Classic Ink, and Pretty in Pink Classic Ink. I also used the Color Spritzer Tool and my Rose Red Stampin' Write Marker to add a little extra to the background.  Next punch a couple of holes in the top of the bag and add a piece of Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon to tie the bag shut.  I had some retired epoxy brads that needed using up so I added one to the front of the bow for a little extra dazzle.  Below is a picture of the cardstock after I stamped it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment