layout

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Card

My New Years cards are finally ready for mailing!  I had hoped to have them ready and in the mail during the week between Christmas and New Years and almost didn't finish them because I missed my self imposed deadline, but decided it is still the new year through at least the end of January and good wishes are appreciated all year long sooo I spent the afternoon getting them ready to go.
The design came from Stamping School, a fabulous online video tutorial website. You can join at http://www.stampingschool.com/. They release two new video tutorials every Sunday evening.
The stamp is called A Brand New Year. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is really gorgeous with lots of bling and embossing. I especially love the Brushed Gold and Silver Cardstock combination.  I painted the champagne glass first with Champagne Mist and then coated it with a little Crystal Effects to make it look more realistic.  I stamped the inside of the card with the glasses from the Cheers to You stamp set and the bubbles from the set  A Good Egg.

We took down our Christmas decorations yesterday and packed it all away until next year.  Cody left on Sunday to fly back to college in Ohio and routines are starting to get back to normal .  We have been on the go almost non-stop for weeks.  I love the holidays, but I think I'm ready to get back to normal....whatever that is!

Thanks for stopping by. 

Have a great day!

Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment