layout

Friday, March 18, 2011

Hi Stampers!

I have been working all week on my swaps for the Stampin' Up! Regional next week in Orlando.  This is one of the six cards I will be bringing.  I am making 20 of each card to trade so I will have lots of samples to show you when I get back. 
The measurements and layers are as follows:

*Chocolate Chip CS - cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

*Crumb Cake CS - cut at  4" x 5 1/4" and stamped with the En Francais backgound stamp in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
*Chocolate Chip CS - cut at 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"

*Chocolate Chip CS - cut at 3/4" x 4 1/2" and punched with the Pinking Heart Border Punch.  I attached this to the right hand side of the previous layer.

*Regal Rose CS - cut  at 3" x 4 1/4"

*Very Vanilla CS - cut at  2 3/4" x 4" and stamped with the En Francais background stamp in Regal Rose Classic Ink

*The heart is from the Crosses of Hope Stamp set and was stamped in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink on Very Vanilla CS.  It was then cut out leaving a small border around the edge and sponged with Regal Rose Classic Ink.  

*Next, I applied Versamark Ink to the cross and covered it with Clear Embossing Powder.  Using a pair of tweezers to hold the image in place, I applied heat with the Embossing Tool.  The cross is embellished with a Basic Pearl and the smallest butterfly from the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die using Daffodil Delight CS and Dazzling Diamonds.

*The banner is a piece of Very Vanilla CS cut at 5/8" x 4 1/4" and stamped with the Crosses of Hope Stamp set in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink.  I scored a line 1" from each end and again  1/4" from that score line and folded to get the banner look.  I bent the ends together and cut at an angle to get the fishtail look.

The second Chocolate Chip CS Layer and the cross is raised with a few Stampin' Dimensionals and everything else was attached with Snail Adhesive except the yellow butterfly which I attached with Tombo Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

I have been asked more than once how I got the embossed look on the cross so I will post a video tomorrow to show you how easily it is done.

Thanks for stopping by!
Jane

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVELY!

    Found your blog through SC...now following!

    ReplyDelete